Museo del Prado - Individual visitor
Tickets for the Museum include access to permanent Collection and temporary exhibitions shown on the date of the visit.
Personalised information for your visit.
Free information material:
- A Museum Floor Plan is available in Spanish, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Catalan, Basque, and the Galician and Valencian languages
- Temporary exhibition leaflet in Spanish and English
- Monthly and quarterly leaflet of activities in Spanish
- Telephone information service:
- 902 10 70 77
The Museum has a free locker and cloakroom service available at all access points.
Visitors can leave coats, bags, umbrellas and other objects that, either for comfort or security reasons, cannot be taken inside the exhibition rooms.
The following cannot be left in the lockers:
- Backpacks, suitcases or bags that are too big to pass through the security control scanner.
- Food or drink.
- Firearms or dangerous materials.
- Art objects.
Rent Audio Guide players:
The Collection€4 (Spanish, Catalan, Basque, Galician, German, Korean, Chinese, English, Italian, French, Japanese, Portuguese and Russian)
Temporary exhibition€3,50 (Spanish and English)
The Collection+ temporary exhibitions€6
Two temporary exhibitions€5
Children’s Audio Guides
- Spanish and English
- Recommended for children between 5 and 12 years of age
- Free loan service when rented by an accompanying adult
Sign guides in LSE (Spanish Sign Language)
Adapted audio guides with hearing loop
Audio guides with audiodescriptionAUDIO GUIDES
GROUP GUIDING SYSTEM
Compulsory use for group visits, except school groups
€1 per person
- Cafeteria and restaurant
The Café Prado closes 30 minutes before the Museum closing time.
EL PRADO SHOP AND BOOKSTORE
Museo del Prado’s publications, other publications related to the history and the collections of the museum and official and exclusive merchandising: postcards, posters, and a wide range of items and souvenirs inspired by our art collection, as well as high quality official prints.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND RULES
RULES FOR VISITORS
The following is not permitted in the Museo Nacional del Prado:
- Taking photographs or videos in the Museum galleries
- Bags, backpacks or parcels larger than 40x40cm in the Museum. You can store them in the individual lockers or in the Cloakroom
- Umbrellas or sharp or piercing items. These items must be stored in the Cloakroom
- Food and drinks are not permitted inside the Museum except in the Café Prado
- Baby backpacks and carriers. These should be changed for strollers or prams that are available at any one of the Museum entrances. Parasols on strollers and prams must be closed
- The use of folding seats or any other type of seat within the galleries without authorisation
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOUR VISIT
- Keep your admission ticket in a safe place in case you are asked for it at any time during the visit
- For your own benefit and that of other visitors do not to use your mobile phone and speak quietly to contribute to the atmosphere of tranquillity and reflection required to enjoy the works of art
- The hours of maximum influx of visitors is from 11.00 to 13.30
- The tour around the Museum is adapted for people with physical impairments, with the exception of certain areas connected to the Villanueva building that make adaptation difficult due to their design features. Solutions are currently being analysed.
- The Museum has adapted toilets available
- A free loan service for wheelchairs and walking sticks is available in the Locker area
- A sign guides and audio guides service with hearing loops for people with hearing impairments
- Personalised Spanish sign language assistance at the tick offices and information points
- A hearing loop in the Auditorium
- Development of the El Prado education programme for everyone with specific, teaching and artistic creation activities, for visitors with physical, sensory and intellectual disabilities
- Spanish sign language interpreters in determined activities within the education area (conferences, key activities, education programmes, visits-workshops for families, El Prado for the young, etc.)
- Sound amplifiers for people with hyperacusis in the programmed activities inside the exhibition rooms